Monday 1 December 2014

Christmas Nail Art: Classy Christmas Tutorial


It's beginning to look a lot like...Christmas!!! I work in retail so actually it's been Christmas since October, but I thought that since today is December 1st, I could officially start on my Christmas nail art! I've got a few designs lined up, but I'm starting with this simple mani that doesn't immediately scream 'CHRISTMAS' to ease you all into it :) I think this look works perfectly for any Christmas party or work function where you want to keep it simple, yet classy. This design is inspired by @thesammersaurus, and you can check out her instagram here. As always, read on for my tutorial!

What I Used:

- OPI Nail Envy Base Coat
- OPI Skyfall
- OPI Goldeneye
- OPI Top Coat
- Striping tape from bornprettystore
- Scissors
- Tweezers
- Acetone and cleanup brush

1. Apply a base coat to protect your natural nails from stains and provide a smooth base for polish. 

2. Apply two coats of your chosen base colour and allow to dry completely (you can add a layer of a fast-drying top coat here to speed up the process.)

3. Once your nails are completely dry, cut up some pieces of striping tape, roughly 3cm long, two for each nail. Using tweezers or your fingers, place the two pieces of tape in an 'X' shape near the base of your nail, creating three small triangles. Make sure to press down firmly in the corners so the polish doesn't seep through. 

4. Carefully fill in the triangles with the gold polish, avoiding going over the top of the tape. While the polish is still wet, remove the pieces of tape with tweezers or fingers and you should be left with clean lines. 

5. Once the gold has dried, apply a top coat to seal in your design. Clean up around your nails with a brush or cottonbud dipped in acetone/polish remover. 

And there you have it, your nails are party ready for the silly season! I hope you guys like this design, but if it's not quite your thing there are plenty more where that came from, so watch this space over the next few weeks! Let me know your thoughts in the comments below, and I'll see you next time!  

Lisa xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment