Thursday 4 September 2014

OPI Coca Cola Collection Swatches + Review


Hey guys! Today I present to you the much-anticipated OPI Coca Cola Collection! I was SO excited for these to come out in JUNE and I waited and I waited and I waited but they never seemed to be released in NZ stores! So, as usual, ebay was my saviour and I purchased the mini set, which included 8 out of the 9 polishes from the collection and a top and base coat (really OPI, REALLY, you couldn't just put that last polish in instead of a base coat?) and purchased a full sized bottle of the remaining polish (Orange you Fantastic). All up it cost me less than 50NZD, including shipping, which is pretty good considering how expensive individual full-sized OPI bottles are here in New Zealand. Read on to find more pictures and my thoughts on each polish and the collection as a whole (all polishes are shown without a top coat.)





Coca-Cola Red - This is Coca-Cola's signature red and honestly it is the EXACT same colour as the sticker on a Coke bottle (I don't have a comparison pic so you'll just have to trust me). It's a gorgeously bright orange-based red with a super glossy finish, and needed two coats for full opacity. A good red is a must-have in any polish collection, and this is pretty damn near perfect.



My Signature is DC - This silver stunner is inspired by Diet Coke, and really does look like a shiny aluminium can, which was probably the idea. Similar to OPI Push and Shove, but with more of a sparkle to it, it's one of my favourites from the collection and looks truly dazzling in the sunlight, only two coats needed.



Sorry I'm Fizzy Today - This soft salmon pink is inspired by Vanilla Coke (apparently?) and I'm surprised to say I quite like it. I don't usually go for pink polishes, but this one's a little different, maybe because it's more of a peach-toned pink than a red based one, and in person it reminds me of bubblegum. This polish was a little sheer, I used three coats.



Get Cherried Away - This purple polish is inspired by Cherry Coke (yum!) and is a really nice plum purple, not quite cherry. This is two coats, but with a third coat I think you could get a deeper, richer colour.




A Grape Affair - The second purple of the collection, this time inspired by Grape Fanta, but much darker and more blue-based than pink-based. While it is a gorgeous vampy purple, I can't love this polish because it is the exact doppelganger of Vant To Bite My Neck?, which I already own. For a 'new' collection, this is very disappointing. This is two coats. 



You're So Vain-illa - Something a little different! This polish is obviously inspired by Vanilla Coke, and I've decided that this is the exact colour of the fizzy foam at the top of a glass of Coke. It's a very pretty and versatile beige nude, great for nail art, but a little on the sheer side so I used three coats.  



Green On The Runway - This stunning duochrome green is inspired by Sprite and is truly magnificent in person. With two coats, this polish changes colour in different lighting, and I've given you a second angled picture so you can see the colour shift from brown to green.



Today I Accomplished Zero -  What a pretty polish! This is a dark red glitter suspended in a sheer black base, and is opaque in three coats. Excuse my yellow hand, the sunlight went a bit funny, but this polish really reminds of the fizzy black goodness that is Coke itself. I think this polish would also look great over black as a glitter gradient, I must try that out.



Orange You Fantastic - Inspired by Fanta, this is two coats over the top of You're so Vain-illa. Like Today I Accomplished Zero, this is a glitter suspended in a sheer base, this time a yellow base with different sized orange and gold glitter. I'm not a fan of yellow nails, so I think I'd prefer it worn in four or five layers to get a glitzy gold look, or worn over a darker base colour to really bring out the glitter. The coverage was great with this polish, it's very densely packed so I didn't have to fish around in the bottle to try to find bits of glitter. 


And that's the lot! My top three from this collection are Coca-Cola Red, My Signature is DC, and You're So Vain-illa, though Green on the Runway and Sorry I'm Fizzy Today are close behind. I might have to purchase some of those in full-size bottles! I'd recommend buying the mini-set from any collection as it's a cheaper alternative of trying out any polishes you're interested in and getting a feel for a whole collection. Which ones are your favourites? Comment below, and I'll have some nail art for you next time, I promise ;)

Lisa xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment